Voice System Specialist, Global Community Operations
The Community Operations Tools Team has played a critical role in scaling and managing a huge and complex contact center environment at Uber. At Uber we solve our problems in independent and innovative ways as we scale to a global presence.
The Voice System Specialist role will ensure that Uber’s internal call center services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. They form an integral part of one of the fastest growing parts of the company and will be key to designing and building tools and systems to make the contact center experience a delightful one for our customers. This role will be working very closely with operations teams around the globe in a follow the sun model.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define, architect, and build awesome voice call center services to support our ever expanding needs in the contact center environment.
- Own all systems currently in place for voice call center services and build tools to help management, monitor and control these systems.
- Partner alongside the operations and contact center vendors in the industry to management and grow voice infrastructure, click to call, and call back services for our contact centers.
- Define our future business needs to ensure we are ahead and thinking about scale.
- Provide data driven dashboards and handle incidence response for maintaining the highest level of quality for the business
- Ensure high availability of 24×7 production systems and Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide on-site consulting services to the enterprise, including support for short- and long-term projects
- Integration of contact center applications and existing network and hardware infrastructure and other tools
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with voice cloud call center technologies such as LiveOps, Genesys, Avaya, Twilio etc
- Experience with global call centers greater than 1,000 agents
- Experience in the engineering, programming, and operations of voice networks for a global, multi site corporation
- Experience in troubleshooting protocols around SIP, SS7, RTP, TCP/IP, NAT, scripting etc.
- Experience in reporting, metric analytics, call routing, call recording
- Experience with writing call flow scripting including experience optimizing call flows
- Knowledge of global telecom networks and region specific nuances and carrier services (ordering, installation and troubleshooting)
Bonus points if you have:
- Software engineering experience with ability to write basic web applications for computer telephony integration
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top