Voice Engineer, Global Community Operations
Role open in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chennai
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role:
The Voice System Specialist role will ensure that Uber's internal call center services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. They form an integral part of one of the fastest growing parts of the company and will be key to designing and building tools and systems to make the contact center experience a delightful one for our customers. This role will be working very closely with operations teams around the globe in a follow the sun model.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll do:
- Define, architect, and build awesome voice call center services to support our ever expanding needs in the contact center environment.
- Own all systems currently in place for voice call center services and build tools to help management, monitor and control these systems.
- Partner togetherwith the operations and contact center vendors in the industry to manage and grow voice infrastructure, click to call, and call back services for our contact centers.
- Define our future business needs to ensure we are ahead and thinking about scale.
- Provide data driven dashboards and handle incidence response for maintaining the highest level of quality for the business
- Ensure high availability of 24X7 production systems and Participate in on-call rotation.
- Provide on-site consulting services to the enterprise, including support for short- and long-term projects
- Integration of contact center applications and existing network and hardware infrastructure and other tools
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5years experience with voice cloud call center technologies such as LiveOps, Genesys, Avaya, Twilio etc
- Experience with global call centers greater than 1,000 agents
- Experience in the engineering, programming, and operations of voice networks for a global, multi site corporation
- Experience in troubleshooting protocols around SIP, SS7, RTP, TCP/IP, NAT, scripting etc.
- Experience in reporting, metric analytics, call routing, call recording
- Experience with writing call flow scripting including experience optimizing call flows
- Knowledge of global telecom networks and region specific nuances and carrier services (ordering, installation and troubleshooting)
Bonus points if you have:
- Software engineering experience with ability to write basic web applications for computer telephony integration
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top