Visual Designer, Uber Freight Training
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are looking for a visual designer with up-to-date knowledge to interpret our training needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of products, including websites, print materials, brand, and beyond. You will coordinate with our trainers and leadership team to create the visual narrative of the training organization. You will be specifically supporting the graphic design needs for the training team at Uber Freight. We are building a comprehensive library of instructor led training, web based training, self led learning, video instruction, and so much more. To ensure a branded and visually engaging learning experience we are looking for a dynamic graphic designer to bring trainings to life. This role will create a strong learning environment through vivid graphics, artwork, stunning templates, and well executed video learning. This position must create compelling visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate learners. You will develop the overall layout and production design for various applications such as e-learning, training manuals, posters, and even reporting.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Support the training team by developing the graphic and artwork that will be incorporated through all print and online training design
- Work with a wide range of technology to leverage media and use graphic design software
- Partner with multiple stakeholders and manage project implementation and define constraints
- Think creatively to develop new design concepts, templates, graphics and layouts to enhance the learner experience at Uber Freight
- Build learning manuals and materials for the training team
- Create video learning and visual content for in class and online learning
- Design visual representations of learning content to be leveraged by the L&D team
- Treat the training team as your customers, partnering with them, ensuring you bring the vision of the training to life through design. Ask questions, show proofs to clarify requirements and team needs
- Visually communicate the brand through stimulating graphics, color, patterns, and layouts, while honoring the larger Uber brand standards
- Work with the Uber graphic design team to ensure Uber Freight graphics are unique and cohesive with the brand standards
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas
- Amend final designs to team comments and gain full approval before moving forward
- Work as part of a team with instructional designers, trainers, leaders, subject matter experts, etc.
- Moving FAST, being able to deliver high quality graphics, design, video, and visuals in a tight timeline in a fast paced environment
- Create customizable templates that can be leveraged by the training team
What You'll Need
- 3+ years visual graphic design experience
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Working knowledge of HTML and UI/UX design
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- An open mind that is adept at incorporating feedback and can both give and take direction well
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Video and audio editing experience
- Ability to leverage the google suite (docs, slides, sheets)
- Instructional design experience or previous experience working in a training/learning focus a plus, not required.
- Option to sit in San Francisco office
About the Team
The Uber Freight training team is responsible for the alignment and development of the Uber Freight organization. We deliver training to all levels of employees and work together to ensure all employees are empowered to do their jobs successfully. This is a group of learning professionals with roles ranging from instructional design, to graphic design, and facilitation.
Back to top