Visual Brand Designer, EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber is looking for a visual brand designer who is experienced in print, digital, marketing and branding to join the EMEA team. Help us to shape the brand and creative vision of EMEA. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, comfortable in a high-velocity environment, and passionate about building the Uber brand.
This position is full-time and based in Amsterdam.
We might be a good match if...
Your work is world class and details matter. You can maintain and extend a world-class brand. You understand the importance of brand integrity. You can align your creative to brand strategies and guidelines. You can think and execute within a design lexicon that's constantly growing and evolving. You can serve as a brand evangelist towards all 37 EMEA countries. As a versatile designer you speaks both RGB and CMYK. Comfortable with banner ads and rich media emails to out of home and proper type kerning. You've created press-ready files for flyers, posters, apparel, and other printed collateral.
You are a storyteller.
You understand that the key to great communication design is good communication. You use stories to make your work compelling, relevant, and meaningful to your audience.
You mastered the Creative Suite years ago. You geek out on keyboard shortcuts, Photoshop actions, and the newest prototyping tools. You constantly strive to optimize your workflow, increase your output, and become a more efficient and effective designer.
You can operate independently.
Being the go-to-person for brand questions for EMEA you can work independently, self-manage, and get things done little to no guidance or supervision. You're comfortable advocating for design to non-designers and representing design in strategic conversations about business goals and marketing plans. Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritize as needed and manage time in an efficient manner while receiving strategic and tactical direction
- A minimum of 3 years of visual brand design experience either agency or client side.
- A thorough understanding of designing for brand, using templates guidelines and identities.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite / Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with After Effects / Premiere is a plus, but not necessary
- A hands-on approach to the work
- Exceptional design aesthetic and solid typography skills
- A proven ability to develop a well-defined brand language
- Compelling portfolio of work
- Degree in Design or related field
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR APPLICATION.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement, twenty five paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top