Vehicle Solutions Operations Manager - France
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The mission of Uber's Vehicle Solutions (VS) business is to lower the barriers to becoming an Uber driver-partner by increasing accessibility to a vehicle. Vehicle Solutions delivers on that mission globally today through a number of products, including direct flexible leases, vehicle rentals, and vehicle financing options. Uber VS division is going through a phase of hyper business and organizational growth as a highly strategic lever for Uber's ridesharing business to enhance the experience for both prospective and existing Uber drivers.
As VS Operations Manager you will work with the Vehicle Solutions Lead to support Uber's national strategy to increase conversion and engagement of Uber's partner-driver base in France. This is a strategic role that calls for a combination of savvy analytics, strategic thinking and strong execution.
You will have to think creatively to find ways to continuously ensure drivers have access to great vehicle solutions and can benefit from impactful partnerships. As a member of the VS team in one of the largest markets in EMEA you will work closely with international teams from Amsterdam to San Francisco and will have the opportunity to scale your achievements across Uber.
The role requires a commitment to operational excellence, a deep understanding of driver lifecycle and economics and the capacity for out-of-the-box thinking to drive high quality vehicle solutions strategies and processes. You will also have to demonstrate the interpersonal ability to work alongside a team of high performing Operations Managers and a wide range of external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive negotiations at an executive level with the key stakeholders of the automotive industry to constantly lower the costs of the vehicle for our partner drivers
- Define and implement world class marketing initiatives and conversion processes models with our business partners to deliver a car at the push of a button
- Measure and understand performance and run "real world" tests & experiments.
- Build beautiful and actionable dashboards tracking you and your team's KPIs with our reams of data
- Ramp up rapidly and adhere to the evolving regulatory and compliance requirements in the sector
- Communicate product/process/tool needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Up to 5 years of experience of operations management / management consulting / investment banking / strategy work in a large business, or of growing a startup.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking.
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly.
- Curious and eager to learn - you are interested in all things and can build up skills and knowledge very fast to become a recognized subject matter expert amongst your peers.
- Problem solver and creative solutions driven mindset.
- High Emotional IQ – you deal with partners, influencers, and riders with no problem
- Flexible and forward thinking - we need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
- Additional knowledge about automotive industry would be an asset but is not a requirement
- Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: participate to the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a high impact life changing company. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- Monthly gym & phone reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top