Vehicle Operator - Phoenix
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About The Role
Uber is seeking fast-learning, enthusiastic people to operate its self-driving vehicles. We're creating a team of people who are safety-minded and eager to be on the forefront of an emerging industry. We're looking for candidates who are ready to demonstrate the safety and reliability of our systems and technology. This role is about the technology and the people - candidates should be ready to interact with the public while operating our systems.
What you'll do
- Operate the technology in Self-Driving Ubers on a shift basis
- Complete driving reports, procedures, and tests in order to collect data for engineering team
- Provide essential feedback on system performance to the team
- Interact with the public as an ambassador for Uber's self-driving technology
What you'll need
- Demonstrated interest and technical aptitude to work with modern automotive systems
- Possess safety, testing, or maintenance experience -- all industries and backgrounds are welcome
- Talking with riders in our self-driving Ubers. This role will require excellent communication skills.
- Capable of overcoming challenges without supervision
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, software engineers, and leadership
- True love of driving and technology desired; success is often measured in terms of hours logged in the vehicle
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and clean driving record
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to work on the development of self-driving technologies that will transform the way we move real people and things around the world
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Generous PTO package.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top