Vehicle Operator Lead
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
What you'll do
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams of Vehicle Operators (VOs) within a time-sensitive, demanding, and constantly changing environment
- Compile performance metrics and drive VO performance to serve our customers and deliver the best experience possible
- Audit your team's performance constantly and coach towards progressive improvements; identify opportunities for additional training & development
- The ability to see trends and improve performance of the team in order to achieve their goals both individually and as a group
- Brief team members for the operations of the day; collect feedback and answer questions
- Implement plans and actions from management
- Proactively manage administrative and HR needs of your team
What you'll need
- 2-4 years of team management experience working with diverse teams of individuals
- Experience building processes, reports, driving performance towards KPI's, and always thinking of ways to optimize an operation
- Experience in service, operations, customer support, manufacturing or distribution in a high-volume and dynamic environment
- Willingness to work weekends, early mornings, late nights, and occasional holidays, in an operational 24/7 environment, travel is to be expected and required
- Ability to lead effectively, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and guide through challenging situations
- Comfortable delivering tough feedback - you'll need to tune into your VO's performance, give reinforcing feedback where necessary, and offer critical feedback for growth opportunities as they arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Generous PTO Policy
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top