Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Do you enjoy time behind the wheel? Are you passionate about bringing new technologies from prototype to production? Uber is seeking fast-learning, enthusiastic people to operate its self-driving vehicles. We’re creating a team of people who are safety-minded and eager to be on the forefront of an emerging industry. We’re looking for candidates who are ready to demonstrate the safety and reliability of our systems and technology. This role is about the technology and the people – candidates should be ready to interact with the public while operating our systems.
What is the Uber Advanced Technologies Center (ATC)?
Uber ATC is the Pittsburgh R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to mapping, vehicle safety, and self-driving technologies. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives. We value team members who seek to reinvent the status quo when it doesn’t foster the greater good
What you’ll do
- Operate the technology in Self-Driving Ubers on a shift basis
- Complete driving reports, procedures, and tests in order to collect data for engineering team
- Provide essential feedback on system performance to the team
- Interact with the public as an ambassador for Uber’s self-driving technology
What you’ll need
- Demonstrated interest and technical aptitude to work with modern automotive systems
- Possess safety, testing, or maintenance experience — all industries and backgrounds are welcome
- Talking with riders in our self-driving Ubers. This role will require excellent communication skills.
- Capable of overcoming challenges without supervision
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, software engineers, and leadership
- True love of driving and technology desired; success is often measured in terms of hours logged in the vehicle
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Scheduling: opportunities for day or night schedules
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Generous PTO package
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
This will be a 1-2 year commitment with Uber ATC, with an option to extend.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top