User Experience Researcher, Self-Driving
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Job DescriptionUber Advanced Technology Group is the R&D hub of Uber's engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
Uber ATG is seeking an experienced mixed-methods senior researcher to help us develop innovative new products and services related to self-driving cars and trucks. This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products, using both qualitative studies (field observations, interviews, & remote and in-person usability studies) and quantitative studies (experiments and surveys).
- Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions.
- Connect user insights to A/B experiment (live experiment) with measureable and actionable hypotheses.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant user research experience in product environment.
- Demonstrable ability to independently plan and conduct mid-to-large scale research projects, in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles (we work in teams).
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weakness of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Scrappy, self-starter able to deliver results quickly with minimal oversight
- Research experience across both HW and SW
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and principles of survey and experiment design, including sampling, data collection and analysis.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Willingness to travel 50% time.
Back to top