User Experience Researcher - Marketplace Dynamics
Our Design Research Team is seeking an experienced User Researcher for Marketplace Dynamics. The work is fascinating; Marketplace Dynamics is building the logistics network of the future, tackling some of the hardest problems related to improving Uber’s real time marketplace.
These challenging problems—qualitative and quantitative—include: optimizing Uber’s dynamic pricing system; providing real time positioning guidance to drivers; optimizing dispatches of drivers to incoming requests; matching riders for UberPool, and many more.
Behind our apps is an internationally diverse world of amazing cities, transportation logistics, market making, and interactions among drivers, riders, and businesses.
We’re also here for personal reasons. We want to turn cities from grey to green. We want to replace parking with parks.
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products
- Conduct qualitative studies, including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies
- Design quantitative studies, including experiments and surveys
- Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions
- Learn about Uber customers in cities around the world
- A minimum of four years of user research experience in industry or academia
- Mastery of methods, with an emphasis on qualitative or quantitative research
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Ability to travel in the United States and abroad
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
If you’re a great researcher and communicator, comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and unafraid to push the limits, we’d love to talk with you.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. Our work is extremely interesting and a lot of fun. Join us!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top