User Experience Researcher - Marketplace Dynamics
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Our Design Research Team is seeking an experienced User Researcher for Marketplace Dynamics. The work is fascinating; Marketplace Dynamics is building the logistics network of the future, taking on some of the hardest problems related to improving Uber’s real time marketplace.
These challenging problems—qualitative and quantitative—include: optimizing Uber’s dynamic pricing system; providing real time positioning guidance to drivers; optimizing dispatches of drivers to incoming requests; matching riders for UberPool, and many more.
Behind our apps is an internationally diverse world of amazing cities, transportation logistics, market making, and interactions among drivers, riders, and businesses.
We’re also here for personal reasons. We want to turn cities from grey to green. We want to replace parking with parks. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you’ll do
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products
- Conduct qualitative studies, including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies
- Design quantitative studies, including experiments and surveys
- Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Adapt and pioneer research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions
- Learn about Uber customers in cities around the world
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 4 years of user research experience in industry or academia
- Deep understanding of methods, with an emphasis on qualitative or quantitative research
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Ability to travel in the United States and abroad
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top