User Experience Researcher, Business Tools
Our User Research Team is seeking researchers to help us build tools for internal users. The work is data-heavy, fast and fascinating.
Ours is an internationally diverse world of amazing cities, transportation logistics, market making, and interactions among drivers, riders, and businesses.
Behind this world sits a network of committed internal users who are central to running and scaling the business. In short, the Business Tools team helps design and build the controls for Uber’s engine room.
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and existing tools
- Conduct qualitative studies, including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies
- Build a network of internal customers and deeply understand their workflows
- Design quantitative studies, including experiments and surveys
- Triangulate qualitative and quantitative data to drive insights
- Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions
- A minimum of four years of user research experience in industry or academia
- Mastery of mixed methods, with an emphasis on qualitative or quantitative research
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Ability to travel in the United States and abroad
- Working knowledge of AI sub-domains (NLP, ML etc) is preferred, but not required
If you’re a great researcher and communicator, comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and passionate about enterprise tools, we’d love to talk with you.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that you know your work touched millions of people. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. Our work is extremely interesting and a lot of fun. Join us!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top