User Experience Researcher
Our UX Research Team is seeking experienced researchers to help us develop innovative new products and services. The work is fascinating.
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products
- Conduct qualitative studies, including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies
- Design quantitative studies, including experiments and surveys
- Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions
- Learn about Uber customers in cities around the world
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in an applied research setting.
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics or a related field.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with User Experience or Human-Computer Interaction teams.
- Expertise in multivariate statistics and the design of experiments.
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets.
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain, and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that field.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
If you’re a great researcher and communicator, comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and unafraid to push the limits, we’d love to talk with you.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. Our work is extremely interesting and a lot of fun. Join us!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top