User Experience Research Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Design Research is seeking an experienced manager to lead a group of researchers focused on our Rider applications and services.
Beneath our apps is an internationally diverse world of amazing cities, transportation logistics, market making, and interactions among drivers, riders, and businesses.
We're also here for personal reasons. We want to turn cities from grey to green. We aim to replace parking with parks.
If you're a great manager, comfortable in a high-velocity environment, and unafraid to push the limits, we'd love to talk with you.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of researchers to explore opportunities, generate product and service ideas, evaluate designs-in-progress, and conduct causal research to explain the behavior found in our massive data stores
- Use your expertise to teach your quantitative and qualitative methods
- Guide team members to help them work effectively with product teams
- Be a thought partner to help team members invent and pioneer research methods
- Collaborate with Design, Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing leaders
- Focus on business goals to enhance the impact of your team's efforts
What you'll need
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience
- Deep understanding of research methods, with experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively--verbally and in writing
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Ability to travel occasionally in the United States and abroad
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top