User Experience Research Manager
Uber Design Research is seeking an experienced manager to lead a group of researchers focused on our Rider applications and services.
Beneath our apps is an internationally diverse world of amazing cities, transportation logistics, market making, and interactions among drivers, riders, and businesses.
We’re also here for personal reasons. We want to turn cities from grey to green. We aim to replace parking with parks.
You’ll get to:
- Lead a team of researchers to explore opportunities, generate product and service ideas, evaluate designs-in-progress, and conduct causal research to explain the behavior found in our massive data stores
- Use your expertise to teach your quantitative and qualitative methods
- Coach team members to help them work effectively with product teams
- Be a thought partner to help team members invent and innovate research methods
- Collaborate with Design, Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing leaders
- Focus on business objectives to maximize the impact of your team’s efforts
- A minimum of three years of management experience
- Mastery of research methods, with experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively—verbally and in writing
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Ability to travel occasionally in the United States and abroad
- Free Uber credits
- See your products in the world. We ship!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fast, stimulating work environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
If you’re a great manager, comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and unafraid to push the limits, we’d love to talk with you.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. Our work is extremely interesting and a lot of fun. Join us!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top