US & Canada Supply Operations Manager
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
In this role, you'll lead a team of Supply Operations Managers who each lead a team of Account Specialists, addressing issues ranging from complex technology issues to new product launches and you'll ultimately be responsible for getting drivers on the road across all our US and Canada cities. If you're someone who knows how to manage a large and complex team, stays calm under pressure, and is enthusiastic about taking on problems, we'd like to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Manage a world-class account specialist team, working to maintain a high quality interactions while managing staffing and other costs
- Take a data-driven approach to developing strategies to optimize the performance of account specialists, staffing needs, and other operational questions
- Conduct needs assessments, ongoing performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses, identify and evaluate state-of-the-art technologies, building systems and processes to deliver with excellent efficiency
- Developing and motivating a team of leaders and managers, empathizing with the problems that drivers face every day, and implementing solutions that strengthen trust of the brand in our communities
- Building and managing an entrepreneurial, high-performing, and data-driven team that thrives on solving problems and eliminating the root cause of issues
What you'll need:
- Relevant operations or sales leadership experience instructing and guiding large teams
- An analytical mind that can deconstruct problems and address them step by step
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in stressful situations
Bonus points if you have:
- MBA or Engineering graduate degree
About the Team
At Uber, adding driver partners to our platform is one of that hardest problems in the company - and it's a problem that our team aims to help solve! One way we add drivers is with a dedicated concierge service to help answer questions and convince drivers that driving for Uber is the best choice. This is not easy - it takes collaborative leaders who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top