US & Canada Central Operations Manager, Courier Growth - Uber Eats
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
On the UberEverything Central Operations team, we're helping to scale our most impactful processes and initiatives, support markets, and drive innovation in the business. The Courier Growth team manages the operations and strategy underpinning the acquisition, conversion, and onboarding of prospective delivery-partners (aka, couriers) to fuel efficient growth and provide the foundation for a healthy UberEats marketplace. Work-streams include supply/demand forecasting, capital allocation modelling, strategic marketing, referral spend optimization, product flow configuration analysis and testing, conversion and metrics tracking, and strategic projects around how UberEats can best leverage Uber's existing driver network.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions and inform key business initiatives, including understanding the biggest blockers keeping couriers from delivering with UberEats.
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making, including the management and efficient allocation of a substantial courier acquisition/growth budget.
- Identify operational weaknesses, structural inefficiencies, and cost savings opportunities in regards to how we manage "access" to the UberEats delivery platform for prospective couriers; help improve or innovate new processes.
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions. Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at the city, regional, and sometimes global levels.
- Collaborate with other operations teams as well as marketing, product management, finance, data science, etc. to ensure insights inform broader strategic initiatives.
- Develop deep understanding of the interconnectedness and in some cases incongruencies between the Rides and Eats businesses. Be a thought leader for how the two platforms can benefit from each other.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Strong Excel / data management skills
- SQL proficiency is a big plus
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
About the Team
UberEverything is looking for sharp, highly motivated individuals to join our team as Central Operations Managers for US & Canada. If you love setting a vision and solving problems from 30,000 feet as well as diving deep into the details, this is the right opportunity for you.
Back to top