UI Engineer - Data Visualization
UI Engineer – Data Visualization
Uber Engineering is a high performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity.
We’re looking for engineers (2+ years experience) and senior engineers (6+ years experience)
with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing
technical excellence. Our challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in
uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10
million people alike.
The Data Visualization Team at Uber works with the most advanced data analysis and visualization technologies to deliver intelligence via data products for city teams, data science, engineering, product management and execs across the 400+ cities where Uber operates.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same
time. You’ve shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built
in a responsible and sustainable way. You’re willing to make mistakes along the way and
make sure you learn from them.
- You also need experience collaborating on software projects. Cowboy coding is fun, but
you have to prove that you can work efficiently as part of a team.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- A github account with some cool projects in it
- A codepen (or even shadertoy!) account with cool demos
- A nice portfolio and/or blog of things you’re dabbling with
- Experience visualizing data using either Canvas, D3, SVG, WebGL, Three.js, MapboxGL and/or other technologies.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the
product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and
assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it
happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top