UberEATS Sr. Operations & Logistics Manager - Sydney
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
The UberEATS Senior Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
What you'll do
- Develop & Optimize Processes - Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Analytics - Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the UberEATS system
- Expansion Planning - Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans
- Strategy - Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Product Improvement - Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and restaurant experience
- Fast and Resourceful - Take ownership of UberEATS growth in your city, commit to get the job done
What you'll need
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be on the ground working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Experience in leading a team; managing workloads and professional development of junior team members.
- Partnership management or business development experience.
- You takes initiative to seize opportunities. Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach.
- Experience creating and optimising processes
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through excellent analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Example backgrounds include: Consulting, Accounting, Engineering or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts; or Corporate strategy or business development background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top