UberEATS Senior Restaurant Operations Manager - Queensland
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
Restaurants are at the heart of UberEATs. The Senior Restaurant Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to lead innovation, build organisation and processes for one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. You and your team are on the forefront: sourcing and introducing restaurants to UberEATS while developing the products, tools and marketing strategies to grow and engage our restaurant partners (from global chains to local favourites) and provide our Eaters with great range of food choices. This role means you are responsible for doing everything (and anything) that is related to ensuring the UberEATs restaurant & food choices are second to none.
Who you are
You are strategic and can set an agenda for the Brisbane & Gold Coast (with more cities to come) restaurant teams to achieve profit and loss targets whilst also delivering extraordinary customer experience. You make effective use of local, national and global teams to deliver your results. You will be both creative and analytical. You can come up with the next big bold bet for UberEATs and build a compelling business case on the impact. You'll relish analysing the performance of your cities and identifying the insights and opportunities to be pursued to maximise growth. You have resourcefulness and are willing to execute a number of complicated projects simultaneously week in, week out even if that means you are doing the execution - you know that speed matters in business. You build positive relationships with Restaurant partners, colleagues and you inspire your team. You should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, be able to thrive in a fast and growing environment and be passionate about technology and food. You will be a leader within the local operations team. You will need to be an effective manager of some of the brightest minds in the business.
What you'll do
- Define and implement the Queensland sales strategy to maximise growth across your cities. You will identify what restaurants are needed to provide a fantastic UberEATs experience in all existing, and upcoming suburbs
- Create scalable processes for activating and training new restaurants to use UberEATs, maximising their growth and providing consistently high quality service
- Build trusting relationships with largest restaurant partners (National and local businesses) working in close partnership to execute on mutually beneficial joint business plans including marketing and operations
- Passionately focus on eliminating customer defects related to restaurants. You will create scalable impactful tools to resolve root cause of defects
- Ensure restaurants have the support and account management they need, focusing on high impact, scalable solutions
- Be passionate about improving the restaurant partner experience and creating strong restaurant engagement and NPS with focus on product as a solution
- Handle the local sales, onboarding and account management teams to deliver daily operations as well as global innovation to be shared and implemented worldwide. You will give regular feedback and help your talented team achieve their own career goals.
What you'll need
- 6+ years professional experience. Members of our operations team often have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments - we love diversity of thinking so if you think your background brings something to the table, we want to hear from you!
- Strategic and Commercially astute - You can identify ideas which are worth pursuing, able to deliver against P&L goals and forward thinking. You think about the next 6-36 months when setting your agenda.
- Communication and collaboration skills - You excel at working with diverse teams, understanding different perspectives, and building solutions together. You'll work with your city's restaurant-partners, commercial partners as well as different teams in your city, across ANZ, and all over the world.
- Demonstrated record of positively owning and leading initiatives and projects. You seek out problems and innovate ways to solve them. You have autonomy to make changes to UberEATs in your city, and possess the skills to push our product to be the best it can be.
- Creative solutions driven mindset - You have a "get things done" attitude and willingness to get "in the trenches" to work with our restaurants and Eaters to make UberEATs a better experience for all.
- Analytical rigor - You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world. We use data to inform our decisions. You will need to quickly identify the data you need to solve a problem and have the ability to analyse it to get to the answer.
- Free Uber rides!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers in a enjoyable office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top