UberEATS, Restaurant Operations Manager - Tokyo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are seeking a sharp, meticulous, highly-organized Operations Manager to help support our Special Projects Operations here in Japan. You will be part of Uber's Special Projects Team that implement new initiatives & projects for Uber in Japan - and of course, see it expand in a big way!
The role involves ownership of the entire relationship lifecycle with our vendors, beginning with pitching, negotiation and onboarding, all the way through to analysis of and optimization of dispatch operations. The role isa unique combination of sales prowess, rapport building skills, analytical ability and process architecting skills. This is a rigorous role in a high-growth environment, and this person will work with the expansion operations teams.
What you'll do
- Partner Sourcing: Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to get the city's best businesses interested in Uber. Help us acquire buzz worthy partners, whose mere presence on the platform will help accelerate our growth.
- Negotiation and Deal Making: Lead contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a deep working relationship with our business partners, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, etc. in such a way that they fuel, rather than act as a bottleneck, on growth.
- Product Design and Expansion Planning: Structure experiments and conduct analysis to grow basket size & usage, develop & optimize product mix, and dictate when we can expand geographically and temporally.
- Collecting and Acting on Feedback: Create processes and account management tools to stay in close communication with our business partners and incorporate feedback into process improvements on the ground.
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go getter attitude: Take ownership of logistics growth in Japan, work hardto get the job done, delight users and vendor partners - we take that seriously!
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2years of analytical, operational and / or consulting experience
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment and adopt a generalist mindset
- Data-driven decision making skills and sound business judgment through excellent analytical thinking
- Experience in creating and optimizing processes
- A customer service orientation and experience developing deep partnerships
- Excellent sales skills
- Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach.
- Thorough understanding of a variety of business models (we're still proving ours)
- Passion for creating business wins for our partners and Uber!
- Fluent Japanese & English
- Lots of free Uber rides each month!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to make a big impact such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top