UberEATS Restaurant Operations Manager, Brisbane/Gold Coast
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
The Restaurant Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help set the standard for one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. You'll be on the forefront: sourcing and introducing restaurants to UberEATS while developing and testing engagement and marketing strategies. This person should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, be able to thrive in a fast and growing environment and above all be passionate about food. This role means you are responsible for doing everything (and anything) that is related to ensuring our restaurant partners are happy and you will not stop until we have all the best restaurants on UberEATS!
What you'll do
- Restaurant Partner Management. Work with restaurant partners (often on-site at their restaurants) to launch and refine the fulfillment process.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Eats team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Own Restaurant Net Promoter Score
- Refine and improve the restaurant onboarding process
- Most of the key processes will require excellent stakeholder management both internally and externally, an analytical approach to decision making and significant process improvement.
- Have a pulse on city specific preferences & food trends by integrating yourself into the restaurant scene in Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
- Dig into retaurant support correspondence and make sure every Uber experience is an awesome Uber experience.
- Develop meaningful relationships with UberEATS restaurant partners; picture walking into a restaurant and everyone knowing your name.
What you'll need:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying restaurant partner needs. You can talk to anyone, and can confidently get your point across regardless of the audience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and have no problem crafting emails to potential restaurant partners.
- To be persistent. You're innovative, resourceful, and willing to think outside the box come up with creative solutions to make things happen.
- To be personable. You know how to work a crowd and persuade over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- To be fast, resourceful, and have a go-getter attitude - You are optimistic and inclined toward action and thinking ahead. You're a charismatic, people person who can talk to anyone; flexible and bold, you're also excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Bachelor's degree from and 2-5+ years of operational/analytical experience
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be "in the trenches" working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top