UberEATS Restaurant Operations Manager - Auckland
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
The Restaurant Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help set the standard for one of Uber's newest services, UberEATS. You'll be on the front lines: sourcing and introducing restaurants to UberEATS while developing and testing engagement and marketing strategies. This person should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, be able to thrive in a startup culture and above all, be passionate about food. This role means you are responsible for doing everything (and anything) that is related to ensuring our restaurant partners are happy and you won't stop until we have all the best restaurants on UberEATs!
You will be both creative and analytical. You'll have tenacity and be willing to execute a number of complicated projects simultaneously week in, week out. You'll not only dream up and carry out the campaign that gets everyone talking, you'll then analyze the data and work out how to do it better next time.
Who you are
- Well-spoken. You can talk to anyone, and can confidently get your point across regardless of the audience.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing and editing skills and have no problem crafting emails to potential restaurant partners.
- Persistent. You're innovative, resourceful, and willing to think outside the box come up with creative solutions to make things happen.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and persuade over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Fast, resourceful, and have a go-getter attitude - You are optimistic and inclined toward action and thinking ahead. You're a charismatic, people person who can talk to anyone; flexible and bold, you're also excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
What you'll do
- Implement and advise on strategic initiatives that span community engagement, account / relationship management, content creation, sales & sales process, marketing etc.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Eats team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Own Restaurant Net Promoter Score
- Refine and improve the restaurant onboarding process
- Creation of restaurant dashboard (what data we can provide to restaurants to make them more effective)
- Most of the key processes will require excellent stakeholder management both internally and externally, an analytical approach to decision making and meaningful process improvement.
- Have a pulse on city specific preferences & food trends by integrating yourself into the restaurant scene in Sydney and Australia.
- Be the voice of Uber by authoring clear, engaging and exceptionally well thought out campaigns campaigns and communication
- Dig into retaurant support correspondence and make sure every Uber experience is an awesome Uber experience.
- Develop meaningful relationships with UberEATS restaurant partners; picture walking into a restaurant and everyone knowing your name.
- Document everything. The learnings from UberEATS today will pave the way for growth in markets around Australia and the world.
What you'll need
- At least 5 years of experience in a high performance environment. This could be for someone from a consulting, legal or investment banking background looking for a changes or this with marketing / community engagement roles from a high growth, innovative environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying restaurant partner needs.
- Experience making data-driven marketing or sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, and Google Analytics (or similar).
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations.
- MBA or bachelor's degree is highly desired
- Free Uber rides!
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers in a enjoyable office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top