UberEATS, Restaurant Operations Manager - Adelaide
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
The Restaurant Community Manager role is a unique opportunity to help set the standard for one of Uber’s newest services, UberEATS. You’ll be on the front lines: sourcing and introducing restaurants to UberEATS while developing and testing engagement and marketing strategies. This person should be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, be able to thrive in a startup culture and above all be passionate about food. This role means you are responsible for doing everything (and anything) that is related to ensuring our restaurant partners are happy and you won’t stop until we have all the best restaurants on UberEATs!
The successful applicant will be both creative and analytical. They’ll have hustle and be willing to execute a number of complicated projects simultaneously week in, week out. They’ll not only dream up and carry out the campaign that gets everyone talking, they’ll then analyse the data and work out how to do it better next time.
What you’ll do:
- Implement and advise on strategic initiatives that span community engagement, account / relationship management, content creation, sales & sales process, marketing etc.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Eats team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Own Restaurant Net Promoter Score
- Refine and improve the restaurant onboarding process
- Creation of restaurant dashboard (what data we can provide to restaurants to make them more effective)
- Most of the key processes will require strong stakeholder management both internally and externally, an analytical approach to decision making and strong process improvement.
- Have a pulse on city specific preferences & food trends by integrating yourself into the restaurant scene in Adelaide and Australia.
- Be the voice of Uber by authoring clear, engaging and exceptionally well thought out campaigns campaigns and communication
- Dig into retaurant support correspondence and make sure every Uber experience is an awesome Uber experience.
- Develop strong relationships with UberEATS restaurant partners; picture walking into a restaurant and everyone knowing your name.
- Playbooking. Document everything. The learnings from UberEATS today will pave the way for growth in markets around Australia and the world.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a high performance and competitive environment. This could be for someone from a consulting, legal or investment banking background looking for a changes or this with marketing / community engagement roles from a high growth start up.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify and provide comprehensive solutions for varying restaurant partner needs.
- Experience making data-driven marketing or sales decisions using surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, and Google Analytics (or similar).
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations.
- MBA or bachelors degree from top university highly desired
You must be:
- Well-spoken. You can talk to anyone, and can confidently get your point across regardless of the audience.
- Word savvy. You have exceptional writing and editing skills and have no problem crafting emails to potential restaurant partners.
- Persistent. You’re innovative, scrappy, and willing to think outside the box come up with creative solutions to make things happen.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and win over strangers. Awkward is not how your friends would describe you!
- Hustle – Uber moves fast, and runs lean. It’s a marathon at sprint pace. You’re a fun, charismatic, people person who can talk to anyone; flexible and fearless, you’re also excited to help build something awesome, share it with the world and bust your ass doing it.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top