UberEATS Public Policy Lead - UK & Ireland
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Longer term, we're optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
About Public Policy at Uber
Our public policy team is responsible for working with policy makers and third parties to make the positive case for Uber. That's partly about building positive relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff so they understand the benefits of ridesharing. It also about figuring out the best local regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.
About this role
We are looking for someone work lead our Government Affairs & Policy work on EATS in the UK & Ireland, based in London. You will report directly to our Head of Public Policy for the UK & Ireland. You will also serve as a point of contact for other major EATS markets in EMEA.
This role will involve:
- Developing deep issue expertise on the public policy issues impacting UberEATS;
- Consulting with local public affairs, communications and policy teams around the world to help cities welcome and enable this mode of food delivery; AND
- Working to develop creative solutions to thorny policy challenges.
What We're Looking For
To succeed you'll need to be:
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who have a sense of urgency for change, and enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you'll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- An intellectually curious do-er: You'll need to be intellectually curious and able to think things through from first principles. But expertise alone only goes so far, so you'll need to hustle and make things happen to get the job done.
- A great advocate: We're looking to create new regulatory frameworks that urge innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. You'll need the intellectual fire power to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how self-driving can help improve transportation for everyone—both orally and in writing.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organized people who enjoy working collaboratively to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- A strong project manager: You should be able to conceptualize, own, drive and complete projects that will move the needle on given issues and support our overall arguments.
We need a strong written as well as verbal communicator. You should have the ability to get through to external parties and help them understand the nuances of our arguments. We're open to people who've been in other walks of life (e.g., the law, media, consultancy), who intuitively get this stuff, and are eager to learn.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top