UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager
Operations & Logistics Manager, UberEATS
The UberEATS Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber’s newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage driver-side and restaurant-side partnerships.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop & Optimize Processes — Scale new and existing processes in a way that fuels vs. acts as a bottleneck on growth; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability;
- Analytics — Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly grow and allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Expansion Planning — Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans
- Strategy — Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement — Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and restaurant experience
- Hustle — Take ownership of uberEATS growth in your city, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- SQL knowledge strongly preferred; Excel mastery a minimum
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- MBA graduate or quantitative Bachelor’s degree (engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, physics, etc.)
- 3-6 years of high performing work experience in startup, strategy, operations, analytics, or a variety of other specialty roles with demonstrated ability in quantitative fields.
- Example backgrounds:
- Consulting, Finance/Banking, Economics
- Engineering with aspirations to apply technical problem-solving skills to more business and people-focused issues
- Technology or high-growth organizations with product or management experience
- Corporate strategy and planning with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Many others!
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top