UberEATS Japan Expansion
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
UberEATS Launcher, Japan
Launchers are responsible for using their analytical, creative and people skills to bring Uber to new markets. You will be traveling around Japan growing UberEATS from the ground up, so we need excellent team members.
What you'll do
- Research your city and learn the pain points, regulations and market opportunity for Uber.
- Engage with local stakeholders to understand local needs and create a model and foundation for improvement.
- Create and execute local marketing strategies to encourage user adoption of Uber.
- Set up partnerships and develop relationships with drivers to get the supply side ready for Uber's launch.
- Explore opportunities for growth (sponsorships, partnerships, and co-marketing promotions) to increase awareness and visibility of Uber in local communities.
- Find, hire and guide a team to help run day-to-day operations of the city.
- Throw an amazing event to get Uber off the ground.
What you'll need
- Speed, resourcefulness, and a go-getter attitude; you thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Problem solving ability; you have excellent analytical skills and can navigate obstacles in a thoughtful and reasonable way.
- Attention to detail; your Google calendar can be crammed, but it's organized, manageable and you don't miss a beat.
- People skills; you can identify and network with the influencers of a city.
- A diverse set of skills; from biz dev and operations to party-planning and support, and you're excited to apply your skills widely.
- Passion for Uber; you are ready to share Uber with everyone you encounter
- Integrity; you're running the show on a launch and we need trust that you've got the best interests of the company in mind. You'll have a lot of responsibility, so you've got to be reliable.
- At least 3 years of marketing or operations management experience (or related).
- Experience creating, executing, and tracking a marketing plan.
- Prior experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Successfully executed business opportunities and negotiating partnerships.
- Experience in a fast growing company.
- BA degree in business, finance or marketing (MBA a plus).
- Excellent Japanese (reading, writing, speaking) and living and working experience in Japan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top