UberEATS, General Manager - Tokyo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
UberEATS delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy! As the General Manager for UberEATS in your country, you will have the unique opportunity to scale and develop our food platform locally.
The General Manager is one of the most demanding positions Uber has to offer; it requires a unique combination of talent, creativity, courage, and leadership. As the leader of UberEATS in Tokyo, you will be responsible for the development and sustainable growth of our business and people.General Managers make the magic that is UberEATS a reality. It's a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented, and highly sought-after professional.
What you need
As the General Manager, you will focus on reaching new users and extending the UberEATS brand in a relevant and thoughtful way across local markets. You'll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining and continuously improving 'Uber' quality throughout the eater's experience, restaurant partnerships, customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, and PR.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialised teams, and someone who can bridge the gap with city, Regional, and HQ teams. We need leaders that are visionaries and can build, coach and inspire high performing teams to reach their potential. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important.
It's the intersection of the analytical with the creative that makes the UberEATS GM a difficult job to fill and the impact on our people and our business that make it such a great job to have!
What you'll do
- Lead a team of incredibly smart, passionate and diverse people - championing our culture and employee brand
- Collaborate with local and regional marketing teams to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns
- Develop the business from ground up: Be on site at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Build and balance the marketplace, ensuring growth and quality across all three constituencies of consumers, delivery partners, and restaurants
- Be the face and representative of Uber in the local community and to key local stakeholders (e.g. business partners, media)
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems!
- Help Scale UberEATS to other cities through developing and sharing your experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience. Our GMs come from diverse backgrounds including consulting, investment banking, marketing, operations management, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- A data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset
- A creative, solutions focused approach, with a focus on achieving results
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- An entrepreneurial DNA
- An eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top