UberEATS Courier Operations Manager - Auckland
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
The UberEATS Courier Operations Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand one of Uber’s newest services, UberEATS. This is a critical role bringing together a three-sided marketplace and optimizing the food delivery process. This operations-driven role calls for a rare combination of creative problem solving, detail orientation, and interpersonal ability to manage partnerships.
This is an intense business side startup role, and this person will work with the EATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
What you’ll do:
- Develop & Optimize Processes — Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics and profitability
- Analytics — Analysis of driver, restaurant, and customer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber system
- Expansion Planning — Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of expanding UberEATS to new areas, develop and execute against expansion plans
- Strategy — Decide which projects the team should prioritize, and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement — Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless driver, customer, and restaurant experience
- Hustle — Take ownership of uberEATS growth in your city, and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment
- Experience creating and optimizing processes
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models (we’re still proving ours)
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver and restaurant partners
- Partnership management or business development experience
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Consulting, Accounting, Finance or Banking background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Corporate strategy or business development background with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Employees are given Uber credits each month!
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people, food and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top