UberEats Central Operations Associate - Growth
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
We're looking for a growth oriented rock star to help grow Uber Eats in Hong Kong and Taiwan. This position is based in Hong Kong or Taiwan; working closely with country teams as well as other APAC functional teams. The role is responsible for driving various growth initiatives to grow our eater and delivery partner base while improving the efficiency of the acquisition funnels and processes. The right candidate will be analytical, business savvy, able to make data driven decisions, and also innovative in developing growth strategies for the markets. This is the ideal role for someone who has experience creating and leading innovative initiatives to drive cost effective user growth and have a deep passion for scaling up a mass consumer business.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
- Define and create customer and partners acquisition strategy
- Optimize acquisition funnels so that we understand where and how to invest in our most efficient channels
- Understand local market dynamics with customers, restaurant partners, and delivery partners to drive segmentation strategy with the goal of increasing conversion
- Be bold and innovative to design and drive high growth strategic initiatives focusing on new user and partner growth and revenue
- Scale processes and build solutions to grow our marketplace without compromising customer experience for consumers, restaurant and delivery partners
- Identify and make our metrics visible surrounding growing our business operations. Innovation starts with data intelligence, and the right metrics are at the foundation of data intelligence
- Build dashboards and reports that the entire team use to help them make key decisions every day
- Collaborate with all other functional teams in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and APAC region to get input and buy-in to scale the Hong Kong and Taiwan markets efficiently, including the HK/TW Operations and Sales teams, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Legal, Communications, Strategy & Planning and People Operations.
What you'll need
- 2-4 years of business consulting, data analytics, or related experience in a rapidly changing environment; Evidence of complete ownership of a multifaceted project with many stakeholders highly valued
- Strong analytical ability: Evidence of effective modelling to facilitate decisions; ability to draw key insights from analysis; knowledge of SQL; experience with other statistical packages or basic programming skills is highly regarded.
- Strong commercial acumen: Deep understand of LTV of our user and partner base so that we deploy high ROI acquisition strategies
- Creative mindset: Innovative problem solver who is not afraid of creating and implementing new market strategies that help with rapid scaling and growth
- End-to-end process ownership: Understands what a robust process looks like and can build, iterate and automate process in a scalable and efficient way.
- Effective collaboration and communication: Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate across functions and levels, from communication to execution.
- Pursues perfection without compromising on execution: On things that truly matter, someone who is fastidious about making sure we get the answer right. Even with a robust, detailed and effective process, still executes at a reliable pace. Excited to tackle large, complex initiatives that may move slowly because of high risk and/or multiple stakeholders.
- Chinese speaking and writing a must, proficient SQL experience a plus.
About the team
With UberEATS, we're building Uber's newest and fastest growing business, spanning 180+ cities across all six continents in two years. Today, UberEATS is available across many parts of Asia including Seoul, Tokyo, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Mumbai and Bangalore -- and we're just getting started.
Back to top