Uber (Special Projects), General Manager - Seoul
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 50+ cities in APAC with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
This is an intense business side startup role, and you will work with the operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. You will have direct responsibility for the growth of the business.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Special projects team, Product team, and Engineering to communicate product and process that needs to deliver in your market
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and partners
- Build the business from ground up: Be on site at different locations handling logistics and transport, helping partners optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber’s
- Run experiments: We’re looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many interesting challenges ahead. Experimenting and finding unique solutions is in our DNA.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders
- Scale our business to other cities through developing and sharing your experience
What you’ll need
- Senior management level experience (6+ years) of marketing or operations management experience Master’s degree in science/engineering, economics, finance, management, social sciences, law or similar field (MBA a plus)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to build smart partnerships
- Entrepreneurial DNA
- A passion for Uber and growing the brand
- Uber credits every month for taking trips
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top