Uber Graduate Program ANZ 2018
Uber is a technology company. We make a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go, in dozens of countries and hundreds of cities around the world - at the push of a button. On another level, Uber is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport. These are early days.
Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city.
About the Role
We are seeking sharp, personable, highly organised Grads to support the Operations side of the business as we continue to grow our presence. This is an opportunity to start making an impact on your city and the world straight out of Uni. You'll work with a stellar operations team on the daily functions that are at the core of Uber, and set yourself up for tremendous career growth potential. Are you ready to launch your career? Keep reading.
NOTE: You must be finishing your undergraduate degree in the 2017 school year to be eligible for this position. Potential start date for this role is January 2018
What you'll do
- Analyse and control levers for supply and demand issues such as driver churn
- Creatively define incentives for both driver partners and riders
- Innovate to grow and expand Uber across local cities, the best idea always wins!
- Receive mentorship from some of the best entrepreneurial minds in the tech industry
- Supercharge your career from day one
- Lead the operations of your city's Partner Support Centre
- Own partner support interactions and use metrics to streamline and improve them
- Have the opportunity to lead projects you are interested in
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Strong undergraduate degree
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners
- Extraordinary organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously, and own and complete projects
- A passion for Uber
- Analytical ability - you need to be able to monitor and understand trends in supply and demand, and use our data to make the right, data-driven operational decisions
- Business instincts - Inherently curious by nature, you enjoy thinking about what makes different businesses tick
- Drive and hustle - we monitor the fleet of cars on the road at any given point in time, so this could include optimizing the quantity of cars, guiding their physical location across the city based on user demand, and ensuring the highest levels of service
- People skills - You'll need truly world-class people skills to be able to influence partners to drive at times, in places, and in ways that ensure an extraordinary experience for our users
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- Learn from the best. Team members come from tech companies, top consulting and banking firms, engineering backgrounds, law firms, and beyond
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Monthly gym, mobile, and healthcare reimbursement
At Uber, we compensate competitively, with Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits (including Uber Credits, Health, meals, gym, phone etc).
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top