Uber, General Manager - Vietnam (Multiple Cities)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The General Manager at Uber is one of the most demanding positions Uber has to offer; it requires a unique combination of talent, courage and leadership. As a leader in Vietnam, you will be responsible for the development and sustainable growth of our business and people.
The core of Uber is in our cities, working together with country and regional teams. General Managers make the magic that is Uber a reality. It's a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented, and highly sought-after professional.
What you need
This is first and foremost a role for a strong, analytical marketer, focusing on reaching new users and extending the Uber brand in a relevant and thoughtful way across local markets. As the General Manager, you'll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining and continuously improving 'Uber' quality throughout the Rider's experience, customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media and PR.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialised teams, and can bridge the gap with city, Regional, and HQ teams. We need leaders that are visionaries and can build, coach and inspire high performing teams to reach their potential. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important.
It's the intersection of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM a difficult job to fill and the impact on our people and our business that make it such a great job to have!
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of incredibly smart, passionate and diverse people - championing our culture and employee brand
- Empower the local city teams to become part of the transport ecosystem in their cities - delivering on our mission and improving the ways cities work.
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics in partnership with our Regional Policy and Communications teams
- Collaborate with local and regional marketing teams to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber's Driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Work with other GMs to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Work in partnership with Business Development to identify and help support relevant and value creating strategic partnerships and alliances for each of your markets
- Continue to grow and build upon today to drive a sustainable business for tomorrow
- 10+ years of relevant experience in consulting, investment banking, marketing, or operations management experience; Experience leading large teams
- A data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset
- A creative, solutions focused approach, with a focus on achieving results
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is advantageous
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- An entrepreneurial DNA
- An eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top