Uber, General Manager - Philippines (Multiple Cities)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
The General Manager is by far the most demanding position Uber has to offer; it requires such a degree of talent, guts and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As the leader of Uber in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major cities globally.
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that is Uber a reality. It's a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional. Sound like you?
As a GM, you are the chief executive of your market, ultimately responsible for operational excellence, rider and driver experience, and extending the Uber brand to the masses. Local marketing, supply chain management, political engagement, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
And it's the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you're potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Lead the team in growing revenue and ridership
- Coach and scale our large and ever-growing team of marketers and operations specialists
- Handle the market P&L
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Run deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber's driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Handle local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for
- 7+ years of general management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get shit done attitude
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fearlessness of a honey-badger
- MBA strongly preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top