Uber, General Manager - Indonesia (Multiple Cities)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
The General Manager at Uber is one of the most demanding positions Uber has to offer; it requires a unique combination of talent, courage and leadership. As a leader in Indonesia, you will be responsible for the development and sustainable growth of our business and people.
The core of Uber is in our cities, working together with country and regional teams. General Managers make the magic that is Uber a reality. It's a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented, and highly sought-after professional.
This is first and foremost a role for a strong, analytical marketer, focusing on reaching new users and extending the Uber brand in a relevant and thoughtful way across local markets. As the General Manager, you'll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining and continuously improving 'Uber' quality throughout the Rider's experience, customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media and PR.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialised teams, and can bridge the gap with city, Regional, and HQ teams. We need leaders that are visionaries and can build, coach and inspire high performing teams to reach their potential. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important.
It's the intersection of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM a difficult job to fill and the impact on our people and our business that make it such a great job to have!
What you'll do
- Lead a team of incredibly smart, passionate and diverse people - championing our culture and employee brand
- Empower the local city teams to become part of the transport ecosystem in their cities - delivering on our mission and improving the ways cities work.
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics in partnership with our Regional Policy and Communications teams
- Collaborate with local and regional marketing teams to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber's Driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Work with other GMs to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Work in partnership with Business Development to identify and help support relevant and value creating strategic partnerships and alliances for each of your markets
- Continue to grow and build upon today to drive a sustainable business for tomorrow
What you'll need
- 10+ years of relevant experience in consulting, investment banking, marketing, or operations management experience; Experience leading large teams
- A data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset
- A creative, solutions focused approach, with a focus on achieving results
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is advantageous
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- An entrepreneurial DNA
- An eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top