Uber Expert Lead, In-Person Support - Portland
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building a best-in-class support experience for them at our Greenlight locations. Greenlight locations help new driver-partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community.
We're looking to grow our team of support rock stars at our Greenlight locations throughout Portland, OR. Uber Experts are the face of Uber to thousands of our driver-partners, and we're looking for a experienced support representative with strong communication, problem-solving skills and prior leadership experience. In this role, you'll be expected to mentor and support a team of Experts working to share the economic opportunity to new driver-partners, help onboard new driver-partners, provide exceptional support to our existing driver-partners, and quickly adapt in an ever-growing business. This is a great opportunity to work with a top-notch Operations team and learn the Uber business from the ground up.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver 5-star, in-person support to our driver-partners
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for escalated or challenging support issues
- Mentor team of Uber Experts
- Support local leadership team (Greenlight Manager and Supervisor) with day-to-day operations and other projects as needed
- Help brand the Uber name and get driver-partners excited to be on the road
- Stay on top of new Uber policies, procedures, and programs that affect driver-partners
- Work with the Driver Operations team to make our support processes even better
- Assist with events and promotions as needed (occasionally off-site, during off-hours or weekends)
What You'll Have:
- You have at least one year of prior experience in retail, sales, client-facing, and/or customer service roles
- You have prior leadership experience
- You are a strong communicator and have the ability to interact and connect with many types of personalities
- You're a patient teacher and have a passion for empowering others
- You're comfortable learning and adapting to new technology
- You're able to quickly and efficiently problem solve and troubleshoot - if you don't know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask
- You're self-motivated and able to operate independently with minimal oversight
Perks & Benefits
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- 401(K) plan, gym reimbursement, 9 paid company holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision package to fit your needs
- Generous paid time off package; work hard and take time to recharge
- Smart, engaged coworkers
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top