Uber Expert, In-Person Support - Tacoma, WA
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building an outstanding support experience for them at our Greenlight locations. Greenlight locations help new driver-partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community.
We're looking to grow our support team at our Greenlight location in Tacoma, WA, at 6239 South Adams Street Tacoma, WA. Uber Experts are the face of Uber to thousands of our driver-partners, and we're looking for people with excellent communication and problem-solving skills who operate with a customer-first mentality. In this role, you'll be expected to share the economic opportunity to new driver-partners, help onboard new driver-partners, provide exceptional support to our existing driver-partners, and quickly adapt in an ever-growing business. This is a great opportunity to work with a top-notch Operations team and learn the Uber business from the ground up. Please note that the Uber Expert position is an hourly customer support role with a set wage.
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're hiring for full time and part time roles. Please note that the Uber Expert position is an hourly customer support role with a set wage.
What you'll do
- Deliver 5-star, in-person support to our driver-partners
- Walk driver-partners through the onboarding process and all of the tools they need to be successful on the Uber platform
- Help existing driver-partners troubleshoot any issues they experience (i.e. a delayed payment)
- Help brand the Uber name and get driver-partners excited to be on the road
- Stay on top of new Uber policies, procedures, and programs that affect driver-partners
- Work with the Driver Operations team to make our support processes even better
- Assist with events and promotions as needed (occasionally off-site, during off-hours or weekends)
What you'll need
- You have some combination of retail, sales, client-facing, and/or customer service experience
- You're comfortable learning and adapting to new technology
- You're an outstanding communicator, with the ability to interact and connect with many types of personalities
- You are willing and enthusiastic about selling our product to potential driver-partners
- You're a patient teacher and have a passion for empowering others
- You're able to quickly and efficiently problem solve and troubleshoot - if you don't know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask
- You're self-motivated and able to operate independently with minimal oversight
Bonus points if
- Fluent in...
- Place in the Perks & Benefits field of iCIMS:
Perks & Benefits (for Full Time employees)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- 401(K) plan, gym reimbursement, 9 paid company holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision package to fit your needs
- Generous paid time off package; work hard and take time to recharge
- Smart, engaged coworkers
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top