Uber Expert, In-Person Support - Seattle
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We're looking to grow our support team at our Greenlight location in Tukwila WA/Seattle WA. Will mostly be working out of our 6450 Southcenter Blvd #102, Tukwila, WA 98188 office although also working out of our 1714 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA office as well. Uber Experts are the face of Uber to thousands of our driver-partners, and we're looking for people with excellent communication and problem-solving skills who operate with a customer-first mentality. In this role, you'll be expected to share the economic opportunity to new driver-partners, help onboard new driver-partners, provide exceptional support to our existing driver-partners, and quickly adapt in an ever-growing business. This is a great opportunity to work with a top-notch Operations team and learn the Uber business from the ground up. Please note that the Uber Expert position is an hourly customer support role with a set wage.
What You'll Do
- Deliver 5-star, in-person support to our driver-partners
- Walk driver-partners through the onboarding process and all of the tools they need to be successful on the Uber platform
- Help existing driver-partners troubleshoot any issues they experience (i.e. a delayed payment)
- Help brand the Uber name and get driver-partners excited to be on the road
- Stay on top of new Uber policies, procedures, and programs that affect driver-partners
- Work with the Driver Operations team to make our support processes even better
- Assist with events and promotions as needed (occasionally off-site, during off-hours or weekends)
What You'll Need
- You have some combination of retail, sales, client-facing, and/or customer service experience
- You're comfortable learning and adapting to new technology
- You're an outstanding communicator, with the ability to interact and connect with many types of personalities
- You are willing and enthusiastic about selling our product to potential driver-partners
- You're a patient teacher and have a passion for empowering others
- You're able to quickly and efficiently problem solve and troubleshoot - if you don't know the answer, you know where to look and who to ask
- You're self-motivated and able to operate independently with minimal oversight
About the Team
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building an outstanding support experience for them at our Greenlight locations. Greenlight locations help new driver-partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community.
FYI About our new initiative "UberREV"
What is UberREV?
- UberREVs are mobile locations operated by the Greenlight team
- UberREVs are not mobile support locations. Instead, these locations are intended to provide a surprise & delight moment for driver partners -- i.e. a coffee, a lounge space, or a nice bathroom
How this impacts supervisor responsibilities:
- In cities where we operate UberREVs, Supervisors may have to support the day-to-day operations of an UberREV. This will include:
- Ability to research & identify site locations for UberREV by working w/ city regulators, private businesses, and public parks
- Ability to create a unique customer experience. Looking for individuals who are eager to work with driver-partners and focus on building a unique experience, rather than providing support
- While it is not a requirement that candidates for the supervisor role are comfortable operating an UberREV, we're definitely interested in candidates who would be interested in operating the vehicle.
- Responsibilities associated w/ operations include:
- Operation of 23' vehicle
- Tuck maintenance & upkeep
- Responsible for navigation of truck around city
Bonus points if …
- Prior experience in hospitality or experiential marketing
- Prior experience with food service (particularly coffee)
Back to top