Uber Eats Trust & Safety Manager, ANZ
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As the Uber Eats Trust and Safety Manager you'll work with Uber Eats leadership to support the business in achieving its objectives safely and in line with community and regulatory expectations.
You'll be working in a unique, fast paced and agile environment, requiring you to think outside the 'traditional safety box' to develop new and innovative ways to better manage safety, risk and compliance. You'll work closely with the broader global Trust and Safety team and other key functions such as Policy and Legal.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Provide expert safety, compliance and risk management advice, coaching and support to the UberEats leadership
- The development and implementation of an Uber Eats Trust and Safety roadmap
- Work with key UberEats stakeholders on the delivery of safety improvement initiatives
- The development and implementation of safety, risk and compliance management and audit processes
- Support Uber Eats leadership in developing a leading trust and safety culture
- Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to better manage safety, risk and compliance with a high level of business acumen
What You'll Need
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in health and safety, risk management, compliance, legal or engineering
- At least 4 years experience in health and safety, risk management or compliance roles
- An in-depth understanding of health and safety and food safety legislation and other recognised standards
- Experience in the development and implementation of safety, risk and compliance management systems
- Project management skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust with internal/external stakeholders
- Organised, self-driven, team player and comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points If
- Skills in programming such as SQL, Python and data analysis techniques
About the Team
2018 is the year of 'Stand for Safety' at Uber. At Uber we are striving to be a recognised industry leader; safety is important to us and our consumers. The Trust and Safety function supports the business in achieving its objectives safely and in line with society and regulatory expectations.
We provide expert advice, support and assurance to the business to enhance safety and compliance. We work at ensuring that the business has effective frameworks, systems and processes in place for proactively identifying and managing safety, compliance and risk.
Back to top