Uber Eats, General Manager - Manila
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber Eats delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy! As the General Manager for Uber Eats in your country, you will have the unique opportunity to scale and develop our food platform locally.
The General Manager is one of the most demanding positions Uber has to offer; it requires a unique combination of talent, creativity, courage, and leadership. As the leader of Uber Eats in Manila, you will be responsible for the development and sustainable growth of our business and people.General Managers make the magic that is Uber Eats a reality. It's a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented, and highly sought-after professional.
As the General Manager, you will focus on reaching new users and extending the Uber Eats brand in a relevant and thoughtful way across local markets. You'll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining and continuously improving 'Uber' quality throughout the eater's experience, restaurant partnerships, customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, and PR.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialised teams, and someone who can bridge the gap with city, Regional, and HQ teams. We need leaders that are visionaries and can build, coach and inspire high performing teams to reach their potential. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important.
It's the intersection of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber Eats GM a difficult job to fill and the impact on our people and our business that make it such a great job to have!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
- Lead a team of incredibly smart, passionate and diverse people - championing our culture and employee brand
- Collaborate with local and regional marketing teams to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns
- Develop the business from ground up: Be on site at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Build and balance the marketplace, ensuring growth and quality across all three constituencies of consumers, delivery partners, and restaurants
- Be the face and representative of Uber in the local community and to key local stakeholders (e.g. business partners, media)
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems!
- Help Scale Uber Eats to other cities through developing and sharing your experience
What you'll need
- 10+ years of relevant experience. Our GMs come from diverse backgrounds including consulting, investment banking, marketing, operations management, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- A data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset
- A creative, solutions focused approach, with a focus on achieving results
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- An entrepreneurial DNA
- An eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams
Back to top