Triage Test Specialist
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
Uber ATG is looking for talented Autonomy Test Specialist to join its team. You will be part of a team responsible for analyzing driving events encountered by our vehicles on the road and communicating system performance to the Autonomy Team. You will work closely with Autonomy Test Engineers and assist them and the team as a whole communicating the performance of the software stack. Your work will help document driving events, and will turn those events into actionable test simulations to verify improvements and track regressions. The role will require a familiarity working with UNIX systems and a strong attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will thrive on the challenges of working in a dynamic and evolving team. We are looking for a team player with a passion about what they do and a drive to succeed.
What you'll do
- Review events encountered by our vehicles on the road on a daily basis
- Participate in software discussions and stay on top of all new features
- Assist Autonomy Test Engineers track and update bug tickets
- Synthesize feedback from our drivers about the performance of the autonomy system
What you need
- BS Degree in technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with Unix systems and a familiarity working on the command line
- Basic knowledge of physics as it applies to vehicle analysis (braking distance, acceleration profiles, etc)
- Previous software quality testing experience a plus
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Comfortable working on a task repetitive in nature, while still ever changing
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top