Travel Supplier Manager
Uber, headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, is a game-changing technology company in its startup phase. We aim to alter the transportation space by allowing users to obtain on-demand private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go.
Our Travel and Expenses team is looking to add an intelligent, driven and self-motivated Travel Supplier Manager to our rapidly growing finance operations team in San Francisco. We are looking for someone who can manage and optimize preferred travel supplier performance while enhancing user experience. You will work closely with various Uber city teams as well as regional teams like HR, Accounting, Strategic Sourcing and Legal. You will report directly to the Global Head of Travel and Expenses.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as the primary point person for preferred airline, hotel, travel agency and online booking providers for corporate travel.
- Manage and drive performance of preferred travel suppliers.
- Analyze performance of travel suppliers and conduct quarterly performance reviews
- Optimize travel program and online booking adoption.
- Enhance and maintain online booking configuration to enhance user experience
- Develop & implement workflows & processes to effectively source and select optimal mix of preferred airlines and hotels globally.
- Engage with stakeholders, travelers and travel arrangers, office managers, country and city teams to help shape preferred airline and hotel selection.
- Oversee the travel agency operations and drive enhancements from a configuration, service & user experience perspective
- Identify opportunities for enhancement through review of analysis and reporting
- Ensure SLA’s metrics are met & well managed with stakeholders.
- Work closely with other functions (e.g. Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Business) to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree [GTP/GLP Certification Preferred]
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in Travel teams, preferably in a global shared services environment
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing supplier performance driven with an analytical mind and strong business acumen is a must
- Concur knowledge – configuration decisions
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of international travel regulations and customs
- Strong in communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organization skills and reliable with attention to detail and completeness
- Customer oriented, hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Ability to influence and communicate key information and status to stakeholders.
- Language: fluent speaker/writer in English.
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are given free rides
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage with
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top