Trade Compliance Analyst, Global Compliance
Are you passionate, curious, and driven to find elegant solutions to complex, global compliance challenges? Uber’s Global Compliance team is looking for an analyst to support the sanctions and export compliance programs for screening, auditing, and operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support global compliance team operations and process documentation for ongoing roll-out of sanctions/screening program.
- Review denied party screening results, escalate to Trade Compliance Manager and Payments Counsel(s) if needed.
- Respond to escalations/blocks from banks, incl. pulling and providing data from internal systems and repositories.
- Provide input on internal audits and ad hoc screening reviews for OFAC and other sanctions compliance needs.
- Identify red flags and develop additional criteria to enhance existing screening processes, data quality, metrics, and throughput time.
- Interface with global city teams for communications and information requests from partners, UberEats restaurants, and their nominated beneficiaries.
- Deliver focused training to global teams by task/role on the importance of compliance, and help grow the culture of compliance at Uber.
- Opportunity for skilled professional growth in global trade controls, for product and technology classification in sync with cutting edge Uber developers.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Detail oriented, compliance focused, experience in payments processing and/or financial sector, familiarity with global sanctions regimes.
- 2+ years work experience in U.S. trade compliance, financial compliance, other regulatory or operations for a global company. Strong communication skills; clarity and accuracy is a must!
- Ability to navigate gray areas and provide both qualitative and quantitative insight into compliance.
- Foreign language capability a plus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top