Uber Engineering has amassed a veritable treasure trove of technical documentation. The Technical Writing team aims to make Uber Engineering's documentation a cornerstone of development through rich content that is easily discoverable.The Technical Writing team is in Engineering and increases developer efficiency and productivity. We are looking for a Technical Writer of any level with the right balance of writing and technical abilities. You can contribute to the infrastructure and development that has powered billions of trips around the world.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with engineers to produce technical documentation that other engineers trust.
- Improve existing onboarding and education processes with documentation, helping engineers contribute quicker.
- Properly organize documentation, from the layout of content on a page to finding its proper place in the entire documentation taxonomy, with search optimization in mind.
- Define standards and style guidelines that help other writers, as well as engineers. You will be a steward of quality and efficiency.
- Write high quality technical documentation for complex subjects in the most economical manner possible.
- Demonstrated ability to write prolifically.
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical concepts quickly.
- Experience writing for web, software, hardware, or cloud technologies.
- Experience using Git.
- Experience creating API documentation or code examples.
- Experience writing for Go or Java is a major bonus.
- For senior candidates, demonstrated ability of leadership and coaching.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about our technology.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top