Technical Sourcing Lead
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all of our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is our people. They make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a keen eye for talent, and we need a leader who has a thirst to display this skill. Our recruitment team must be able to find the diamonds in the rough, deliver a world class candidate experience, and deliver enough volume to satisfy business demand.
This is not your standard Sourcing Lead position, and these are not your average software engineering clients. We're looking for someone who will build, drive, and execute on creative sourcing strategies that go beyond the normal channels of recruitment to take our technical sourcing organization to the next level.
Successful candidates will have experience leading a recruitment or sourcing team, and have a passion for mentorship and development. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge on how to build scalable solutions and processes that push the limits of people and recruitment. Do you have a natural curiosity about cutting edge technology? Are you an expert at measuring impact? Do you know how to find the best and brightest roboticists and software engineers? If you can identify with this, continue reading!
What you'll do:
- Manage software engineering clients and their ever growing pipeline.
- Lead an engineering sourcing team that is focused on hiring the top 10% of engineering talent across the globe.
- Create project plans, dictate timelines, and deliver against demand.
- Navigate the Uber statosphere and create lasting relationships.
- Make crucial decisions based off of data, and obtain followership of said decisions.
- Create sourcing strategies, map talent, and uncover new and exciting pipelines of engineering talent.
- Hold recurring meetings with your reports to give and receive valuable feedback in a warm and friendly manner.
- Has built non traditional sourcing strings and techniques in the past that maximize the impact of passive candidates
- Has proven success in handling referred candidates with emphasis on candidate experience
- Solid experience working with hiring managers and other internal clients.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Google's application suite.
- Strong proficiency for data analysis and inefficiency identification. Uses findings to influence change across the entirety of Uber Staffing.
- Passion for mentorship of junior employees and helping others succeed.
- Curiosity about technology, specifically in the area of robotics and large scale software engineering
- Ability to look ahead to the future instead of what is causing concerns in the present. Aptitude to consider aspects of scale, scope, and impact.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a winning, psychologically safe culture where all employees feel empowered to take risks, continuously learn, and challenge the status quo.
- BA/BS degree
- Multiple years of staffing experience, preferably in house managerial experience
- History of developing, mentoring and managing large, high-output recruitment teams.
- Experience collaborating with org wide stakeholders in documenting and implementing process change.
- Success in developing junior sourcers/recruiters and managing sourcing teams of >4
- At least one year of lead or managerial duties.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top