Technical Sourcer (Seattle)
Here we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a recruiter who has the same critical eye. Our recruiters and sourcers must be able to find the diamonds in the rough.
We are growing rapidly and need someone with hustle to help us continue to build our candidate pipelines for product and technology teams. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work building pipelines for incredible teams, this is the role for you.
The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves solving hiring challenges and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we grow, and running an efficient process to keep it moving.
Still think this is you? Well then, keep reading!
- Self-driven. You have hustle, extraordinary organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get easily overwhelmed... thousands of Uber applicants each month? No prob!
- Naturally bold. You are a self aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with. You're innovative, deeply creative, and constantly looking for ways to find top talent.
- Enthusiastic about candidate experience. You're respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job hunt can be.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on, and solving problems.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
You'll be tasked with supporting our hiring managers, building rad teams and partnering wherever needed.
- Source across may engineering teams.
- Create robust pipelines while making each candidate feel like they're the only one you're talking to.
- Be knowledgeable about our business and be on point for HR related questions (i.e. benefits, comp, etc).
- Spread the UberLOVE through attending networking events, e-meetups, etc.
- Work to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding our future crew.
- Manage relationships across multiple teams, you aren't just going to be "technical recruiter #12", expect to lead the pipeline generation for many.
- Showcase your passion for the industry. That means intimate knowledge about competitors, target companies, relationships in open source networks.
- Willingly build pipelines from scratch, over and over again. How many candidates is it going to take for you to find the perfect fit?
- And MORE (duh)!
- TECHNICAL recruitment/sourcing experience in either agency or corporate recruitment environment (both are ideal).
- Degreed or equivalent work experience.
- Technical Savvy.v
- Employees receive Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan and gym reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top