Technical Sourcer (Austin)
Here at Uber we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience and next generation technological advances, takes a critical eye for quality. We are looking for recruiters and sourcers who have the same critical eye. Our recruiters and sourcers are tasked with finding the best of the best, and not just within on market or country.
Our office in Austin is supporting multiple lines of business, with the most notable being our Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), which focuses on making self driving cars a reality!
The right person for this role will be comfortable solving various problems with minimal guidance or direction, and can thrive in a culture where you are asked to handle multiple pipelines, and clients. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we grow, and running an efficient process to keep it moving.
Still think this is you? Well then, keep reading!
- Self-driven. You have hustle, extraordinary organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get easily overwhelmed, and can look at a problem from a holistic view, considering the impact a decision might have months down the road.
- Naturally bold. You are a self aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with. You're innovative, deeply creative, and constantly looking for new and creative ways to find top talent.
- Enthusiastic about candidate experience. You're respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job hunt can be. You are prompt in providing feedback and take pride acting as an advocate more than a recruiter.
- Fun. You're a charismatic person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on, and solving problems.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Resourceful. You can make the most of any situation and are often able to determine answers to vague questions posed by the business.
- Data Driven. You are able to analyze various data sets to find inefficiencies in a hiring process and make relevant recommendations.
You'll be tasked with supporting our hiring managers, building stellar teams, and partnering wherever needed.
- Source and hire across all teams but primarily ATG engineering, hardware, and other technical positions; helping to drive our product which will ultimately lead to having self driving cars on the road without the assistance of a vehicle operator.
- Create robust pipelines while making each candidate feel like they're the only one you're talking to.
- Be knowledgeable about our business and knowledgeably answer any HR related questions (i.e. benefits, comp, etc).
- Work to improve upon existing programs and develop innovative strategy around finding our future teams.
- Manage and prioritize relationships across multiple teams. You aren't just going to be "a cog in a giant machine", but an integral part to our success as you will be working directly with hiring managers and directors. Expect to be responsible for the hiring needs, and all the data in between, of many.
- Showcase your passion for the industry. That means intimate knowledge about competitors, target companies, and trends in open source community.
- Willingly build pipelines from scratch, over and over again. How many candidates is it going to take for you to find the perfect fit?
- Work in collaboration with your peers. This is a unique environment where our team members are rewarded and goaled, through sharing leads to the appropriate team member because it is best fit for the candidate, and Uber.
- Technical recruitment experience preferred in either agency or corporate recruitment environment (both are ideal, but not required).
- BS degree and equivalent work experience.
- Technically savvy and hungry to continue learning
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Back to top