Technical Services Business Partner, Latin America
LATAM Tech Services Business Partner
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
As our Technology Services Business Partner in LATAM you will be focusing on our business partnerships and technology at both executive, regional and ground level You are the senior IT lead in theater supporting all of IT as an organization.
This role is an active extension of the Technology Services organization. You are the voice of Uber’s IT technology, effectively implemented this role blurs the line between business and Technology. Be the expert on the IT technology running LATAM – from business case development to execution in the field, ensure the projects align with our business environment, build the long term relationships in a global organization and mentor the technology team’s growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- You are the IT leader for the theater. You are part of the business partnerships embedded in their business technology choices. You steward existing designs to a higher state of being.
- Establishes/maintains relationship with internal technology teams and the business teams and the US HQ Service owners
- Assist our world class Service Desk leads comprised of internal employees and managed service partners.
- Support our service leads in country; new office build-out, network engineers and AV support will need leadership in country.
- Help us Build better operational process and procedures that ensure speed, service, and efficiency in a 24×7 global world.
- Negotiate with strategic business partners to define service offerings, service level agreements, operational integration and handoffs, and cross team processes
- Own the quality of the technology experience from inception – through support – to the end of life disposal.
- Champion theater specific changes back to engineering.- lead our Architecture teams to the perfect fit for your theater.
- Manage theater and global communications for projects and global services.
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 5 years+ experience in Information Technology operations and management experience.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese and/or Spanish
- Experience with partnering with GM’s and being the single point-of-contact for them
- Experience with hyper growth startups or expansions.
- Highly technical or previous experience in engineering
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and follow through with assignments
- Ability to lead under duress, we are pushing the creative edge with our product
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Experience in new office builds a plus
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets, and are reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Work with other sharp, motivated, passionate entrepreneurs in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top