Technical Security Programs Manager
This role can be located in San Francisco, CA or Arlington, VA offices.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves in cities. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers.
The Physical Security team is dedicated to protecting all things Uber, with a major focus on our most important asset - our people. The Global Programs team helps to drive this mission using a data driven and risk based approach to support our Regional Security Managers, and design processes and guidelines to keep Uber safe.
On the Global Programs team, the Technical Security Programs Manager is responsible for identifying and implementing security solutions to support the Physical Security team. You will work on globally focused projects, and ensuring dependable, tailor solutions are in place to support the fast paced needs of the business. The right person will thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves finding solutions to people problems and can move quickly as a builder and do'er in a fast-paced culture. This role has global impact and visibility, creating and implementing processes to support the needs of the business. The successful candidate will be an organized thinker with a solid foundation in physical security principles and the ability to creatively problem solve with those skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and implement a strategy for the use of technology in a world-class Physical Security program based on a deep understanding of the needs of the business
- Assess and optimize all current physical security platforms, including CCTV and access control systems
- Work closely with Regional Security Managers and GSOC team to understand and address their needs with security technology solutions
- Actively participate in design and management of security installs and commissioning
- Build out a roadmap around security systems, upgrades, cost and planning.
- Identify opportunities to improve performance and reduce cost with security technology
- Develop security technology policies and standard for all regions
- Establish key metrics and reporting on security system performance and effectiveness
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of experience managing security systems and technology on a global scale
- 5+ years of experience doing new build security design, and managing build out, installation, and commissioning
- Vast knowledge and hands on experience of different security technology and systems
- Ability to communicate on both technical and operational levels and bridge the gap between Physical Security team requests and technical implementation
- Ability to manage challenges and priorities in a constantly changing fast paced environment
- Enthusiasm for solving problems and implementing creative solutions
- Strong communications skills, total team player
- Being capable of fostering a culture of Trust, Honesty and Integrity
- Travel required as needed to get things done
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and show flexibility in strategy
- A passion for Uber!!
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees get credits for Uber rides!
- The chance to work on a fast-paced team that supports innovation and creativity in building security solutions
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top