Technical Recruiting Lead (New York City)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber we pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and innovative brand, and the groundbreaking technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we need recruiting leaders who have that same passion for their craft.
We are growing rapidly and need someone with resourcefulness and a go-getter attitude to help us continue to grow our engineering team.
You are comfortable taking initiative, love solving people problems and can thrive in a productive environment. This role is all about hiring experienced professionals, maintaining our culture as we grow, and running an efficient process to keep it moving.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
Who you are
- Adaptable - ability to partner with a wide variety of very senior level people including our top-level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates within the engineering organization
- Passionate about candidate experience
- A big thinker - you've scaled an engineering organization and built/developed a growing recruiting team
- Able to use data to influence change.
- Focused on developing the team and peers.
- Implemented successful, yet not stalling, processes.
- Open and curious; you are excited to learn about what makes Uber tick
- Action oriented and excited about calculated risk.
What you'll need
- The ability to passionately cultivate results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company goals.
- The ability to build teams to support our long term strategy. This position will uphold high hiring standards continuously and drive process improvement to hire engineering team members faster.
- Be data driven and explore analytics to make decisions based on said data.
- The ability to creatively drive results. We are a unique company and brand and thus need equally innovative strategies to hit our hiring goals. Scalability and sustainability are key success metrics
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top