Technical Recruiter - Product
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a recruiter who has the same critical eye. Our recruiters must be able to find the diamonds in the rough.
We are growing rapidly and need someone with hustle to help us continue to build our Product Management team.
The right person will be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, loves solving people problems and can thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about bringing on the smartest folks, maintaining our culture as we grow, and running an efficient process to keep it moving.
- Self-driven. You have hustle, superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get easily overwhelmed… thousands of Uber applicants each month? No problem!
- Naturally aggressive. You are a self aware, clear communicator with empathy towards the people you work with. You’re innovative, extremely creative, and constantly looking for ways to find top talent.
- Excellent communicator. You’ll be working with the best/brightest minds. Business accumen is a must.
- Obsessive about candidate experience. You’re respectful of the candidate and the stressful process a job hunt can be.
- Fun. You’re a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away on, and solving problems.
- A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
You’ll be tasked with supporting our product leaders across Uber – building the products, features and tools that make Uber run smoothly. Our product manager team is consumer facing, internal facing and works on some of the most challenging and impactuful product challenges in the world. You will be expected to partner with clients as well as candidates.
- Source and hire for multiple teams – we will expect you to build partnerships across the entire product management organization.
- Create robust pipelines while making each candidate feel like they’re the only one you’re talking to.
- Be knowledgeable about our business and be on point for HR related questions (i.e. benefits, comp, etc).
- Manage relationships across multiple teams, you aren’t just going to be another recruiter, expect to own the hiring needs of many.
- Showcase your ridiculous passion for the industry. That means intimate knowledge about competitors, target companies, relationships in open source networks.
- Willingly build pipelines from scratch, over and over again. How many candidates is it going to take for you to find the perfect fit?
- TECHNICAL and or Product recruitment experience in either agency or corporate recruitment environment (both are ideal).
- Specific passion for hiring web development, product engineering, and full stack engineers.
- Expert client management skills, ability to create fast relationships and build credibility
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top