Technical Program Manager - APACx
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it. For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating the architecture, resourcing and management of global Tech Service's office build-out standards through leadership and vendor management. You will manage the quality of technology and services of our offices during rapid growth and throughout the lifecycle of each service. This role requires both technology fluency and experience with global office build-outs.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do:
- Take ownership and manage office build-outs and related expansion projects in APAC
- Partner closely with vendors to create standards for documentation while managing purchase orders on a regional scale
- Retain accountability for the success and management of vendors
- Partner with our Tech Services Architecture & Facilities teams in developing playbooks for global and local standards.
- Tailor global resources for the needs of Asia Pacific
- Create onsite network turnup, test servers and help with onsite AV troubleshooting
- Lead external contractor resources
- 50%+ time spent traveling to regional office sites
- Manage site turn up during launch and support first day of business
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in managing large scale projects across multiple locations and countries
- The ability to identify the balance between engineering perfection and the real world of rapid growth
- Understanding of how DNS/DHCP/AD works.
- Willingness to be flexible in work hours
- Experience with vendor and partner management
- Experience in build outs during hyper-growth
Bonus Points If
- Previous experience as a systems admin or network administrator
About the team
The Technology Services Team drives innovation and enables productivity through smart technology and services that our employees love. Our Program Managers, get the opportunity to travel around the region and be in an integral part of our growth in APAC. While launching new countries or new products, this team helps our business continue to innovate and impact cities around the world.
Back to top